Pages


Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fall is in the Air

It may be 90 degrees out there right now, but the days are getting shorter and have gone from summer's dark green to the golds of early fall.  There is a constant insect hum and it just feels different.  
 
Plus Labor Day is now in the past.  We had our annual Labor Day party and I was astonished at how many little kids were here.  We had more babies and toddlers than I have ever seen before and older kids were in the minority.  I got to meet the newest member of the family, my niece's baby boy Blake, born in July.  He's a big handsome boy and seems a very content baby.

There were a lot of people here on Saturday.  So much food.  I am always afraid there won't be enough and there is always too much.  Unfortunately by the time I thought to get my camera out, it was getting dark.



 Cornhole is always fun.



Some of the vehicles by which people arrived.

The weather was hot but good on Saturday but the rain moved in early Sunday morning and stuck around all day.  It did not keep a couple of visiting teenage boys and my niece's husband from enjoying the zip line at the pond, however.

And of course there was dog play



Grover made a new friend who was about his age, but much larger.


And this is how a dog looks when there is no room for him in the ATV coming home from the pond in the mud and he runs along behind (much to his disgust)




So by the time everyone went home on Monday, I was wiped out and I think Grover was as well.  We were both a little off at agility class on Tuesday night, but we should recover soon.  







Here are a couple shots from around the farm this morning.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment