|I think they want to come inside.|
It doesn't help that my back deck is loaded with sap buckets, taps, tubing and pans that all need to be sanitized and stored away until next year. It is a messy job that is best done outside with a hose and some bleach water. I was able to get about half the buckets done on Monday, but then it got too cold to think about getting wet outside. Which is inevitable.
|Sunset from the sugar house Saturday night|
While it was nice on Sunday, I had Sam check on the bees. I was surprised when he told me there were bees coming and going from BOTH hives, even the dead top bar hive. But this made me think that maybe that hive had been dead longer than I thought and that it could be that hive #2 had robbed the top bar hive and caused the hive to die out. Bees will go into other hives and steal their honey and take it back to their own hive if they can. So it is a good thing we are planning to relocate the top bar hive before installing a new colony in it. More on that next month.
Having wonderful warm weather over the weekend allowed me to finally finish up the shawl I have been working on off and on since October. I knitted it out of my hand/dyed/blended/spun alpaca/bamboo laceweight yarn I spent a lot of time creating last winter. It blocked out to almost 4' square and used a little less than 5 oz of yarn. I wish the color was better represented in the photo, but I had to stand far away to get the whole shawl in. It is beautiful. I am very pleased with it. This is a free pattern on Ravlery, the Spanish Armada shawl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spanish-armada
So then, I started on my next knitting project, which is a hat to donate to our Humane Society fundraiser later this month. It has a dog theme and I am using a wool yarn that I had leftover from last year's fundraiser knitting. I love when that works out! This pattern is in a book called Shear Spirit that I got from the library and it is called the Wolf Pack Hat
I was unable to find time this week to dye more yarn, but here is my second batch that I dyed a week ago Monday and had not yet photographed at last week's posting. Tomorrow I have nothing on the schedule except my spinning guild meeting in the evening, so I hope to dye up another batch. I already have my colorway planned.
I do have rugs in progress on my loom here at the office and I really should get busy on those. Here is the first of 3. It is about 75% done.
So that's about it for this week. I often wonder where my time goes.
I will end with this link:
I think it's funny :)